"It is only by His pleasure and not for any other reason that He made a way to save man, giving us Jesus as our Redeemer, that He chose man to save and not the fallen angels, that He gave us the Bible to know His character and will, that He influenced us with the Spirit and not others, and that He woke us up with sovereign grace"
-Jonathan Edwards

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We have arrived...

We arrived in Sydney around 10 am this morning. (May 19th in Australia, May 18th in the US). I had initiation with my fraternity on Sunday night and didn't get home until around 4:00 am. Then my parents drove my down to Atlanta to catch our 4 pm flight. On the first leg, we flew from Atlanta to Los Angeles. It takes about 4-5 hours, I think; then we had about a 6 hour layover. The flight from LA to Brisbane was about 14 hours, but the plane was awesome. We flew V-Australia. I would recommend it strongly. Then we jumped on a smaller plane for the 2 hour ride to Sydney. We were almost late because our team leader got randomly searched in customs and we literally had to sprint through the airport to keep from missing our flight; but it makes for a good story now!

We met Jim, Dan and his wife Teresa at the airport. The three of them are missionaries from southern California. I'm really looking forward to working with them as we partner together to labor for the kingdom.

Things to know if you ever go to Sydney:

When people in the airport yell for you to get in "Q", they mean get in the line.

Cars drive on the opposite side of the road from the US, so look to your right before crossing the street.

Milk is about $6 for a 3 liter, so just get ready for sticker shock.

Sorry I don't have much information yet, but I'll continue to keep things updated. Thanks for keeping up with me.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment